Tours at Casa del Herrero
Casa del Herrero provides guided tours to the public with advance reservations. Tours will be available to members only beginning Saturday, August 1, 2020. The Casa will reopen to the general public on Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Casa will be accommodating self-guided garden-only tours. All indoor spaces will remain closed at this time. Tours can be booked on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. throughout the year by calling (805) 565-5653. Each tour is first come, first serve with a maximum of six visitors allowed per tour. Regardless of its size, your group will not be combined with another tour group.
Self-guided tours are contactless, with visitors accessing information about the garden spaces utilizing QR codes read from any smartphone or tablet. A one-way flow of movement will be implemented on the tour. Once a tour guest has passed a location, they will not be able to go back.
Admission costs $25 per person, and is non-refundable. Tours are provided for adults and children ages 10 and above. Payment is due at the time of reservation.
Guidelines for Visiting the Casa
- Do not visit if you have a cough or fever.
- All visitors must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while at the estate.
- If you do not have a mask, you will not be able to tour the estate, even if you have a reservation.
- If you remove your mask, staff will ask you to put it back on. If you refuse to wear a mask properly, you will be asked to leave.
- One-way signage will assist with the one-way flow of the tour. Please follow all directions to make the estate as safe as possible for everyone.
- Keep a distance of six feet from people not in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently. The Casa has added hand sanitizer stations all over the estate.
- To protect your health, no food or drinks are allowed at the estate.
- With the exception of trained service dogs, animals are not permitted on the Casa grounds or in parked automobiles during tours. Kindly leave all pets at home as they must not be left unattended.
- The estate is a smoke-free zone. Therefore, smoking is not permitted.
- All tour guests should be aware that there are stairs and uneven surfaces throughout the estate and that caution should be exercised on the outdoor cobblestone pathways and garden areas. Sensible footwear and sun hats are recommended.
Despite our stringent cleaning and sanitizing protocols, we cannot control all circumstances. By entering the estate, you acknowledge that you assume any risks associated with your visit, including but not limited to a risk of injury or illness.
Large group tours are not available at this time.
Every year, Casa del Herrero offers a limited number of holiday tours in the month of December. Visitors are given a docent-led tour, which is enhanced by festive holiday decorations and good cheer.
Holiday tours are currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.