Tours at Casa del Herrero
Casa del Herrero provides tours to the public with advance reservations. In addition to the house and garden tour, visitors to the estate will be able to view the following exhibitions: Symbiotic – Seven Contemporary Sculptors at Historic Casa del Herrero on view until November 24, 2021 and Channing Peake – To Mexico and Beyond on view until March 26, 2022.
Tours can be booked on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. by calling (805) 565-5653. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, each tour is first come, first serve with a maximum of six visitors allowed per tour. Regardless of its size, your group will not be combined with another tour group.
Admission costs $25 per person, and is non-refundable. Tours are provided for adults and children ages 10 and above. Payment is due at the time of reservation.
Guidelines for Visiting the Casa
- Individuals experiencing cough or fever should not come to the estate.
- Face coverings are mandatory (regardless of vaccination status) throughout the Casa in all indoor spaces. The face covering must cover the nose and mouth at all times.
- Keep a distance of six feet from people not in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently. The Casa has added hand sanitizer stations all over the estate.
- To protect your health, no food or drinks are allowed at the estate.
- With the exception of trained service dogs, animals are not permitted on the Casa grounds or in parked automobiles during tours. Kindly leave all pets at home as they must not be left unattended.
- The estate is a smoke-free zone. Therefore, smoking is not permitted.
- All tour guests should be aware that there are stairs and uneven surfaces throughout the estate and that caution should be exercised on the outdoor cobblestone pathways and garden areas. Sensible footwear and sun hats are recommended.
- Tours are rain or shine.
- We welcome outdoor photography only of the house and gardens.
Despite our stringent protocols, we cannot control all circumstances. By entering the estate, you acknowledge that you assume any risks associated with your visit, including but not limited to a risk of injury or illness.
Large group tours are not available at this time.
Every year, Casa del Herrero offers a limited number of holiday tours in the month of December. Visitors are given a docent-led tour, which is enhanced by festive holiday decorations and good cheer.
Museums for All Admission
Casa del Herrero is a participant in the Museums for All program, an initiative of the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
Through Museums for All, those receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) can gain free admission to the Casa, as well as free or reduced admission to more than 600 museums throughout the United States simply by presenting their EBT card. Learn more about Museums for All at https://museums4all.org/.
Click here to book a tour at the Casa through the Museums for All program.