Tours at Casa del Herrero
Casa del Herrero offers docent-led house and garden tours, with advance reservations. Self-guided tours are not permitted.
Docent-led house and garden tours are offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and reservations are required. No drop-ins, please.
Admission costs $25 per person, for adults and children over the age of 10. Children under the age of 10, are not permitted on public docent-led tours. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Casa del Herrero Visitor Guidelines:
- Tours run on schedule rain or shine. All tour tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Individuals experiencing cough or fever should not come to the estate. Face coverings are not mandatory, although it is strongly recommended by the Santa Barbara Public Health Department that all individuals wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status. The Casa has added hand sanitizer stations throughout the estate. Please practice social distancing.
- No children under the age of 10 years old are permitted at Casa del Herrero.
- No outside food or drinks are permitted, with the exception of water.
- All visitors are advised that there are narrow passageways, protruding architectural features and uneven walkways throughout the historic estate and gardens, and that caution must be exercised. Sensible footwear and sunhats are strongly recommended.
- Apart from trained service animals, domestic animals are not permitted anywhere at Casa del Herrero, and cannot be left unattended in parked vehicles during your tour. Please leave pets safely at home.
- Casa del Herrero is a smoke-free environment. No Smoking, nor vaping is permitted.
- Photography is only allowed outdoors throughout the garden. Photography is not permitted inside the house museum. Tripods are not permitted.
- By entering Casa del Herrero, you acknowledge and accept all risks associated with your visit, including but not limited to risk of personal injury and illness.
Private & Group Tours
For private docent-led tour reservations for 1-24 persons, please email email@example.com
Commercial and Non-Commercial Photography
To book a photography session in the Casa del Herrero gardens, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday tours will resume in December 2022.
Museums for All Admission
Casa del Herrero is a participant in the Museums for All program, an initiative of the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
Through Museums for All, those receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) can gain free admission to Casa del Herrero, as well as free or reduced admission to more than 600 museums throughout the United States simply by presenting their EBT card. Learn more about Museums for All at https://museums4all.org/.
Click here to book a tour at the Casa through the Museums for All program.