Casa del Herrero is looking for a development and administrative officer to assist with the growth of the Casa’s comprehensive fundraising program and to provide some administrative support for the organization. Responsibilities include providing assistance to the executive director to ensure that the Casa’s fundraising programs are strong and progressively increasing, especially with respect to individual contributions, membership, the annual fund, institutional grants, and major and planned gifts. Additionally, this role will assist in the organization and coordination of administration duties and office procedures.
This is a full-time preferred position reporting directly to the Casa’s executive director and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the executive director in the implementation of the organization’s development program including individual contributions, annual giving, major and planned giving, membership, donor relations, and corporate and foundation relations that results in annual income growth.
- Coordinate requests for major gifts for general operations, programs, special projects, and campaigns.
- Oversee and maintain grants calendar, oversee schedules and timelines, and research new funding opportunities.
- Assist with the execution of planned strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from individuals.
- Oversight of the Casa del Herrero donor database including maintenance, clean-up of donor records, and assistance in the pulling of lists for fundraising mailings and events.
- Lend support to all Casa fundraising events.
- Greeting and providing general support to visitors.
- Assisting the executive director on special projects and providing general administrative support.
- Assisting the executive director by providing support to the Casa’s working committees.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Experience in and knowledge of fundraising practices and protocols, office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Donor Perfect or similar donor-based software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of Santa Barbara fundraising climate preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Please send a cover letter outlining interest and qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Electronic submissions are required. All applications will be treated as confidential and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement.
Please submit materials to Casa del Herrero Executive Director Jessica Tade at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.